Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mr. Fosse & Ms. Verdon

I went to Scarlet tonight.

For those of you not familiar with Chicago's gay scene, Scarlet is a lounge with a certain clientele. I'm not saying snotty gays go there, but there's a certain type of clientele. That's all.

Anywho, as I was feeling uncomfortable, I noticed this blown-up photograph on the wall near the space where we were standing:


Well, my little theatre heart did melt to see Bob Fosse and Gwen Verdon dressed to the nines enjoying a cocktail and schmoozing it up.

Did the other gays know who they were or how important they were to the field in which I lovingly reside? Maybe -it's what the gays do- but all that mattered was I had a talent boner.

With that lovely image in mind, I leave you with Bob and Gwen in Damn Yankees.


How effing amazing?

No comments: