Friday, July 23, 2010

Going on Record: Fiona Apple's "Paper Bag" is the Best Song + Music Video Combination Ever

The title speaks for itself. Amazing song, the choreography's gorgeous, the costuming is sleek and sexy (that dress!) , and Ms. Apple's vocals never settle for expectancy.

Plus her sultry shimmy at 2:36?
Yes, please!



If you know of another perfect song + music video combination, please send it my way. Ain't nothing like a healthy debate.

But this I promise you: if someone sends me Gaga talking about her costumes or makeup or social commentary, I'll punch a baby. Like, a tiny tiny baby.

3 comments:

John Rooney said...

I would say "Chasing Pavements" by Adele is the most beautiful video. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08DjMT-qR9g

William said...

Oooo, nice! But I'm all about the "whys." Why do you like it?

;-)

Lanny said...

See. . . I like both so far, but I either Genesis' "Land of Confusion" or Annie Lennox's "Walking On Broken Glass" are just. . . stunning. Like, woah stunning. I mean, with Genesis it's just a perfect attack on the insanity that was the 80s (not that you would remember, wipper-snapper) and Broken Glass. . the costumes, the attitude, Hugh Laurie. I mean, that video made me gay.