Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"Straight" Tripping

The main reason Mom, the ladies, & I are flying out to New York for a day trip to see The View is because Mom works for International Airline. Without her insider aide, I wouldn't be jet setting so haphazardly. Besides The View, it wouldn't be a trip to Manhattan without seeing a show or two or three. Mom & I are seeing Diznee's beautifully designed, much-blogged, & hopefully not-too-cheesy The Little Mermaid. I'm a sucker for George Tsypin's work, so if anything, it'll be a beautifully sculpted fiberglass-filled Tuesday evening.

After The View's taping, I'm gonna jet over to the Nederlander for a preview performance matinee of the Guys & Dolls revival. While I'm not dying to see any of the above-the-marquee leads, the wickedly brilliant Mary Testa plays Gen. Cartwright & Nick Adams is in the chorus. Triple theat Nick Adams, most recently seen in The Pirate Queen & opposite Mario Lopez in A Chorus Line, is quickly becoming Broadway's new It Boy. Being a hunky new 2(x)ist model doesn't hurt either. On top of all that, Des McAnuff's (Jersey Boys) staging & Ted Sperling's (Tony Winner for The Light in the Piazza) musical direction is bound to leave one of the greatest Broadway scores looking & sounding not-notch.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Ugggggggghhhhh. I was General Cartwright once. What a beast.

William said...

Oh dear. She's so tragic. I have mixed feeling about Mary Testa (she was one of the evil muses we saw in Xanadu) playing such a non-singing role, but we'll see!

Michelle said...

I really liked her in Xanadu, but the evil muse who REALLY captured my heart was Jackie Hoffman. Hi-larious.