Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Where My Mind Is Tonight

First River Phoenix & Jonathan Brandis. Now Brad Renfro. My first adolescent male celebrity crushes keep passing away. The 80's were tough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The new American Gladiators is nostalgically addicting & rivetingly a guilty pleasure. It fucking rules. What doesn't rule, though, is Gladiator Wolf, ne: Don Yates. His calling card is a bellowed howl when his name is called, when he's checking in with the referee, when he's competing, when...well...he's pretty much always howling. It.scares.me.so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of race relations on
American Gladiators, host Hulk Hogan only refers to the white contestants as "brother" & "sister," all the while calling Black contestants "man," "bro," & "you." Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

A black woman has never called me "sister," "sista," or any variation thereof. And I am deeply, deeply offended.