Sunday, December 09, 2007

Dear Mallory

Oh my god, Mal.
I wish you were around today.
The expressions across my face have been a direct result of my unhappily married 30-something part-timer co-worker.
Oh yes, she speaks in a foul mixture of familial antidotes & hyperbole.
Worse still are the incessant bouts of archaic cliques & 90's movies quotes.

I will not show you the money.

As someone who once referred to me as a cartoon character, I know you would have appreciated my unabashedly blunt visage.

I wish you were here to see the unfortunate variety of reactionary expressions to her morning ramblings.
Assurance of my cartoon-like demeanor was solidified with the judgmental animation of a cocked head, furled brow, & confused eyes that read noting less than, "What exactly are you talking about?" and "Why are you still talking?"

I write you this because we've caught each others' faces before.
We deal with the unhappily married 30-something part-timers in our lives as best we can...with unadulteratedly blunt stares.
We know when things get a little ::face we make when things get a little....::.
For now at least, we know what's up.

Always,
William
Pretty much sums it up.

No comments: