Monday, August 06, 2007

Mojitos

Come on over, everyone...I made mojitos! They're easy to make! All you have to do is add fresh spearmint, lime, sugar, muddle it all up, add rum and club soda, stir, and BAM, a refreshing mojito!

Argh.
Mojitos are overrated.

Here's what I hear when they're offered at a shindig:

Come over to my well-lit apartment ("Don't you just love my new sconce?"), rest in my designer lounge chairs ("Don't you just love the Fall line?"), listen to an obscure jazz artist ("Coltrane? Everyone says they like Coltrane! Coltrane points out the poser jazz enthusiast."), and sip on everyone's favorite drink...the mojito ("Don't you just love my new muddler?")!

Oy.
Any drink that requires its own high & mighty jargonistic engineering tool is not a drink for me.
(also, it's a stick)

Oy.
Any drink that requires accoutrement which causes me to gag and proclaim, "CHUNKS!" to a bar-full of socialites
("Oh, it's a donkey.") is not a drink for me.
(also, it's a leaf)

More like NOjitos.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Weird. I just drank one.

AND IT WAS DELICIOUS.

A to the S said...

Weird. I just read today in a magazine that Mojitos are a NOT (vs. a HOT)

A to the S said...

p.s. that picture you chose makes the mojito look like a douche.

-William said...

"I'm SO sweet! It's like you're not even drinking a drink! I'm SO popular! I make rich white people feel cultured 'cause I have a Spanish name!"

Kill myself.

Michelle said...

WELL THEN I'LL JUST SEE YOU BOTH IN HELL AND WHEN YOU GET THERE I WON'T OFFER YOU ANY OF MY REFRESHING MINTY LIME-ICIOUS MOJITO. ENJOY YOUR DRY-MOUTHED ETERNAL DAMNATION, SUCKAS.